Friday, July 9, 2010

Orange Nail Polish

My Playlist: Current Fav's

*Rooftops and Invitations -- Dashboard Confessional
*Reasons To Love You -- Meiko
*What Can I Say -- Carrie Underwood
*Angel -- Shaggy.... :)
*Vegas Skies -- The Cab
*Remembering Sunday --All Time Low
*Kiss a Girl -- Keith Urban
*I Will Not Take My Love Away -- Matt Wertz
*You Lost Me -- Christina Aguilera
*Unfailing Love -- Jimmy Needham
*Get Happy -- Ella Fitzgerald
*I'll Be Seeing You -- Billy Holiday
*Falling In -- Lifehouse
*Are You Gonna Be My Girl -- JET
*Breakeven -- The Script
*Come and Save Me -- Gloriana
*Risky Business -- The Cab
*Hey Soul Sister -- Train
*Rend -- Jimmy Needham
*Anywhere -- Evanescence
*Can Anybody Hear Me -- Meredith Andrews
*All Around Me -- Flyleaf
*The Crisis -- Ennio Morricone

That's kind of a long list, but I get really lost in music--especially with the windows down and it turned up so loud the mirrors shake with the bass... ahhh. Even thinking about it makes me want to ditch out of a work early. :) PS--that means I'm blogging at work...... bad?

In other news, I had the pleasure of hanging out with a dear friend last night.  :) We got DQ and cruised around Athens.  It was wonderful.  Then I got lunch with one of my incredible married-friends. :) Sometimes I get so caught up with work and school that I forget how energizing it is to spend quality time and fellowship with strong women.

I also painted my toes orange.  Not construction cone orange, but more of a sunset orange with a little shimmer. I like. If anyone is even reading this, it's pretty prolific. And neat. Well, ok, maybe just neat.

On to actual important things.....

I'm reading the devotional For the Love of God by D. A. Carson with Tim this summer, and I've learned several profound things through reading.  Like, Tim actually has a lot of Bible knowledge that I never knew about.  More than me even.  Also, he reads. Woah. haha... but seriously.

I think reading through Isaiah with a commentary available was the best thing I could have done.  God's heart broke for Israel over and over again, and Israel kept defying Him--deliberately--over, and over.  Then, I read Matthew 11...oh gosh.  This passage couldn't have come at a better time... "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am humble and gentle in heart, and you will find rest for you souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 

Why don't I read this passage everyday?  The things we all strive for--happiness, peace, serenity--they're all found in Jesus.  And, even though I know this, I forget on a regular basis..... eye-opening.  This one is going up on my mirror.  It's striking, really. 

As if I haven't bored you enough... here are some more photos I've taken.


I really love flowers.....

and orange nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment